I made a pendant for a customer some while ago. Recently they asked me to make another 2 in Silver and a different metal. After discussions it was decided to make the other in Bronze. The original was in Fine Silver Clay and I made another in the same which turned out perfectly, even better than the original! Now onto the Bronze one… I have not used Bronze clay before so did some research and felt ready to get started. All went ok, the detail wasn’t as defined as in the PMC so I tried again. The second piece looked fine and I was happy with the detail so I fired the first piece in the kiln as a test. It fired perfectly… well apart from the heavy black coat it was covered in but I figured that if that happened again a good clean would sort it out. Into the kiln went the second piece, I wasn’t concerned at all…. silly me! Disaster!!! It imploded – totally collapsed. Oh well back to the drawing board!